I am low on inspiration at the moment. I have just sat in front of my computer for 20 minutes trawling other people’s blogs and trying to think of something to write about.
It’s funny isn’t it? Before I launched Milk and Rain it seemed as though I had a dozen ideas a day for interesting posts. As soon as it’s up, Poof!, they all evaporate. Even my “Blog topic ideas” folder has failed me. It has plenty of ideas but they’re all scholarly midwifery-type ideas and I need more than a daytime sleep’s worth of time to do them justice.
No more rambling. I shall post before my girl awakes and hope the muse strikes more forcefully tomorrow…
One of the forums I frequent has a yearly project thread. The idea is that you list the projects you want to complete during the year then come back and update when you finish each one. Points are awarded for projects completed and deducted for materials bought without a project in mind. It’s not a competition, PBs only but it’s a way of keeping on track. I am not collecting points as I have no intention of going a whole year without collecting more fabric :-0 but I have made a list, which I thought I would share with you. I have left the last few spots free for projects which may crop up later in the year. I will update the list periodically so you can see how I’m going and I’ll take plenty of photos so you can see the completed works.
This is my list…
1. Felt Christmas ornaments (I bought the felt and beads for these before Christmas and then ran out of time)
2. Finish embellished singlets for J (the cut-outs are stuck on I just have to sew around them)
3. Shorts for J, 3 pairs
4. Birthday present for J (not sure what yet. Maybe a quilt for the rag doll I made for her first birthday. Or a patchwork cushion in the shape of a “J”)
5. Christmas table decorations – table runner ? applique napkins
6. Flannel winter pj’s for J – I found some lovely leftover flannel from a previous project so if there is enough I will make pjs
7. Organise sewing room (sewing shed actually. Currently a store room for boxes we haven’t unpacked.)
8. Organise top shelf of wardrobe (it’s become a bit of a dumping ground)
9. Create garden beds for vegie garden
10. Plant vegetables
11. Replant wall-mounted pots with something hard to kill, probably succulents
12. Wide-leg pants for me
13. Bias-cut dress for me
14. Finish knitted baby blanket
15. Make gift for friend’s baby, due in May
16. Make paper covered J (I have some gorgeous wrapping paper left over from J’s birthday last year and I want to use it to cover one of those big craft letters for her. Mainly because I like the paper so much and I’m trying to think of non-disposable ways to use it. All other ideas warmly welcomed).
17. Pot holders x2. I made my mum 2 aprons and I thought I would do some matching pot holders with the leftover fabric. Mainly to learn how to quilt.
18. Hat for J (also from leftover apron fabric)
19. Christmas present for J (no idea what, will wait and see what her interests are closer to the time)
20. I’m going to leave the last 7 spots open for now (slightly random but 26 gives me one project a fortnight).
As you can see I have crossed out number 11. Yay! One project down. I will do a post on this one soon, with pics. I have also done two of the singlets from number 2 but there are three more to go so can’t cross that one off quite yet.
Does anyone else have projects lined up for 2012? Want to share?
Under a leafy canopy
a child bounces
we are all happy
Thanks for reading 🙂
Milk and Rain is a brand new blog but, hopefully, there will be more content soon. It’s going to be the story of our life, a bit of parenting, a bit of cooking, some gardening, some craft, reflections on parenting, cooking, gardening and craft. And a few science-y, technical nurse-y, midwifery-y things because I can’t resist (and because I can count them towards my continuing education hours).
I hope you enjoy it.